The Adecco Group US Foundation has selected Dress for Success® as our national charity. The mission of Dress for Success® is “to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.”
Like the Adecco Group, Dress for Success® is a global organization and has 150 locations in 30 countries. The alignment and synergy between Dress for Success® and the Adecco Group US Foundation is rich with opportunity. With a shared mission and vision, we can help to make the world of work work for everyone. We believe this partnership provides a wonderful opportunity for the Adecco Group colleagues to get involved in their communities and support a great cause. We are very excited about our relationship and our shared commitment to supporting women in securing employment and attaining economic independence.
The Ways We Are Involved:
- Clothing and accessory drives: We work with local Dress for Success® affiliates in planning and supporting clothing and accessory drives
- Donation sorting: Assist affiliates with sorting apparel for distribution of donations
- Events: Provide volunteer support to assist with special events and pop-up sales
- Speakers: Provide subject matter speakers for workshops on a variety of subjects: soft skills, leadership, finance, and career development
- Job Search: Conduct workshops on resume writing, mock interview activities, social media, and help clients with career planning and professional advancement
- Place: Assist Dress for Success clients in their job search efforts
15 Dress for Success® Focus Markets
Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Houston, Kansas City /St. Louis, Los Angeles, Louisville, New York, Orlando, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, Tampa & Washington, DC
The Foundation is committed to improving economic mobility and addressing the skills gap in the United States through upskilling, reskilling, and apprenticeship programs and initiatives. In the workplace, acute gaps exist between available jobs and available talent.
Millions of jobs go unfilled because employers are unable to find employees to hire with the skills they need to run their business. At the same time, many Americans are underemployed; while they have the desire to learn new skills, they lack the necessary resources for training programs.
We aim to help close that gap through our partnership with Penn Foster and the funding of Adecco Academy. Penn Foster is a leading online skills and credentialing company, whose mission is “to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and credentials that can help them work toward their goals of advancing in their chosen field, starting a new career, or pursuing lifelong learning.” The Adecco Group US Foundation is committed to building a better workforce through training and apprenticeship programs.
Through our partnership with Penn Foster, the Foundation is proud to provide:
The gift of learning to secure better jobs, better wages, and better futures.
We share a strong commitment to empowering people, fueling communities, and making the future work for everyone.
Adecco Academy powered by Penn Foster programs:
- Are aligned with the most in demand low to middle skills
- Fit the learner’s life and schedule
- Build confidence, soft skills and hard skills
- Improve employability, income, and workplace mobility